YPSILANTI NEWS UPDATE – 8/3/15
1. A NEW VENUE IS OPENING DOWNTOWN! ! Will we finally have the right place for the open mic that was LOST when Woodruff’s closed down? Is this a possible new home? We have tried n hoped 4MANY places….. keep ur fingers crossed (excerpt taken from Ypsi Underground Facebook page):
2. Our Air Quality is finally GOOD (35)!!!! We went through a rough patch all around the 4th of July, with moderate crappy air quality due to the FIREWORKS. IT HAS GOTTEN BETTER NOW!!! ::::
3. Congresswoman Debbie Dingell will was at the FARMER’S MARKET ON 8/4/15! We haven’t heard what she said. If you talked to her, let us know about it! **Our Farmer’s Markets, run by Growing Hope have all kinds of vendors, including farmer’s selling produce, eggs, meat, prepared food, crafts, and more! Lots of FREE stuff – come down and hang out! Usually, Market has all or some of the following for FREE!!:: Free live music; Free 10 min massage; Free kitchen supplies/tasting booth; free chiropractic assessment; free frequent shoppers card! Markets take cash, credit, debit, EBT, WIC, etc. Downtown Market is every tuesday from 3-7 at 16 S. Washington St. and Depot Town market is by the FreightHouse every Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
4. Power Out! Are you prepared??!? Many are still without power after the storm last night. http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/08/thousands_remain_without_power.html#incart_river
If the power went out, could you survive for a few days, a week, a month? It’s EASY to stock up enough important survival tools to do your part if the SHIT HITS THE FAN in our area! Keep these supplies (per person): 4 DAY SUPPLY: 4 gallons of water, 4 days worth of foods that don’t require heating/cooking/much preparation (canned beans/veggies, fresh veggies/fruits, ready-to-eat energy bars/granola/snacks, survival meals, roasted/prepped nuts/seeds/legumes/mixes, etc); Water; Environmental Shelter (warming utilities if its winter/tents/etc); first aid kits; flares; fire starters; plastic bags; fasteners; flash lights; solar powered lights/radio/flashlights; batteries; MORE….
****THE MORE OF US LOCALLY THAT ARE PREPARED (JUST IN CASE), THE BETTER. 🙂
5. “POLICE IDENTIFY MAN SHOT AND KILLED IN YPSILANTI” It’s SO sad to lose one of our young strong men!! This MURDER happened at a local gas station on Harriet St on Sunday 8/2/15 : http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/08/police_identify_man_shot_and_k.html#incart_river May peace be with the shooter and the shot. We are all in this together. Love everyone, even your enemies, if possible, just so our kids don’t see so much chaos….
6. BE CAREFUL! What did you find in the trash? Make sure its not an active boater’s emergency beacon, or the SWAT TEAM is comin’ to your house! lmfao!!! This guy had a surprise: http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/08/emergency_beacon_causes_false.html#incart_river
7. “”The Ypsi Seed Library needs your donations!
After a very successful spring season, the Ypsi Seed Library is running low on seeds! The selection in our Seed Library depends on community donations. We accept any non-hybrid food seeds, whether you saved them, received them from a friend, or purchased them. Partial packets are fine! Just tape them shut and drop them in the collection box at either Seed Library location. For more information about sharing or taking seeds, go to our DOWNTOWN YPSILANTI LIBRARY.”” – Taken from Library post