This is what condition our condition is in:
- Our Air Quality index today at 11am is 54, moderate. The monitoring station is on EMU Campus by NOAA. Here’s the link: http://aqicn.org/city/usa/michigan/ypsilanti/.
- Facebook is a place where people use their authentic names. If you don’t use your authentic name (and even sometimes when you do), know that there is a chance you will have to upload your identification to keep your account. If you don’t wish to use your real name online for purposes such as safety, that’s too bad. On Facebook, you have to use your real name. That’s just the way it is. And they can do this, cuz its THEIR site, you know?
- Local Health Concern: There have been too many cases of illness locally in people who donate plasma regularly at the place down the road. We need our plasma and giving it away too often can make us not feel very good. It is ok for our health to maybe donate our important internal fluids every great once in a while to help make sure that this life-force is available to those who need it in a medical emergency. However, doing it regularly seems to be negatively affecting local people’s health. They put this center right in an area where people need more economic opportunities and a lot of people rely on it to regularly help supplement their income. THIS IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE OF LOW-SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS BY PUTTING THEIR HEALTH AT RISK. Please take your donation center to downtown somewhere else instead and give us some new economic opportunities like: Allowing Street Vending (without having to pay hundreds of dollars in insurance too); having a flea market where people can sell their stuff locally; attracting more viable local businesses that have THINGS WE ACTUALLY NEED, opening more temporary staffing agencies; helping local businesses afford to pay their employees more so that they can afford to live here; giving stipends to everyone in town to cover living expenses every month like a whole town in Spain is actually doing! AND SO MUCH MORE! TAKE HEED, MY FRIENDS. PLEASE DON’T DONATE YOUR ESSENTIAL LIFE-FORCES VERY OFTEN AT ALL IF YOU CAN HELP IT.
- The Ypsilanti Downtown Farmer’s Market yesterday was SPECTACULAR. Organic heirloom tomatoes are in at Kuntry Gardens and word on the street is that Nightshade Industries might have some coveted heirlooms this Saturday at the market in Depot Town! Zilke Vegetable Farm was there with their array of organics like fresh onions, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini and herbs like oregano, basil, and thyme. Polliwog Farm is back at all markets now with their spectacular micro-greens. Make sure you get your Frequent Shopper Card and get it punched at every market you attend (including Farm Stands by Growing Hope) so you can be entered into the monthly drawing for a bag of goodies from the vendors!
- The worst Air Quality in the world today is in China, reaching in the dangerous and hazardous ranges for many parts of the country, with the highest at 533. Here’s the link and a screenshot: http://aqicn.org/map/world/#@g/33.6527/113.0577/5z
Click the pic for a closeup:
- If you are moving and have good stuff to give away for free and are planning on putting it out with a ‘free’ sign in your yard, remember to do it when it is not going to rain and preferably when there is enough time for someone to find it before the trash trucks take it away. You can also bring clothing and SMALL VERY USEFUL ITEMS to the Depot Town Farmer’s Market every Saturday from 9am to 1pm! There is a FREE clothing share/swap going on every week! Join us!
Thanks for reading this. If you have news tips, ideas, or comments, please email Ypsilanti News at FreeYpsi@mail.com .