Ypsilanti News Update – July 28, 2015
CONTENTS: Community’s response to violence/Today’s Air Quality Index/Our new stylie billboard board/Crossroads Tuesday Music Showcase/Weekly clothing swaps at saturday Farmers Markets/New business in town: Betty Green Organic Beauty
** All photos in this article are simply screenshots from the internet and Ypsilanti News does not claim any ownership of the images.
1. Here is today’s MLive.com article about how the community is dealing with the recent violence: http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/07/what_happens_next_discussed_at.html#incart_river
For the record, the “Interruptors” campaign seems like it could have a more INVITING name, you know?
2. Our air quality is actually in the ‘GOOD’ range at 2pm today! Wow! This is unusual for this summer. We have had polluted air quality a lot. Here’s a tip to reduce it: STOP DRIVING UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO! JOY RIDING SHOULD BE BANNED IF WE WANT TO BREATHE! smh…
The air quality forecast for the midwest and eastern half of the country is NOT GOOD, ya’ll! Stop driving, please!
3. Our friend Caleb designed the awesome new Billboard in town! Wow! Thanks, man! See it off Huron street!
4. EVERY Tuesday Night at Crossroads Bar there is a FREE Tuesday Music Showcase! Check it out tonight or any tuesday for some awesome local music. Many thanks to Crossroads for doing this!
5. THERE IS A NEW FREE PHENOMENA IN TOWN! Get free clothes and stuff at the FREE swap/share EVERY SATURDAY FROM 9AM TO 1PM at The Ypsilanti Farmer’s Market in Depot Town! Wow! Join us! Take or give, whatever you wish! There’s just a table set up and people drop off and pick up whatever they want during the market! We don’t have a solid plan yet about where the leftovers are going, so if your agency wants to pick up a bunch of clothes, etc. at 1pm on any saturday, let us know! Also, if you can help transport clothing to a location just 3 blocks away at 1pm on any saturday, that would be awesome!
6. We have a new business that is open at 10 N. Washington! It sounds like it might not be very toxic either! Yeehaw!
VISIT THEM ON FIRST FRIDAYS ON 8/7/15!
THANKS FOR READING THE NEWS. UPDATES WILL HAPPEN WHENEVER NEWS DOES. PEACE TO YOU!